Local mindfulness classes
- In Menlo Park for women with Vickie Chang and Ginger Oros. Next group starts May 8, 5-7PM.
- Stanford University with Mark Abramson
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation with Renee Burgard & Julie Forbes
- El Camino Hospital with Bob Stahl
- Redwood City Insight
Mindfulness for Adults
Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
Dr. Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts developed Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), one of the most widely researched mindfulness classes. This book is typically used in conjunction with the class.
- Parenting from the Inside Out by Daniel Siegel & Mary Hartzell
your brain and relationships.
- Mindful Way Through Depression by Mark Williams, John Teasdale, Zindel Segal, Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety by John Forsyth & Georg Eifert
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Depression by Kirk Strosahl & Patricia Robinson
Mindfulness for Youth
- Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness with Children by Thich Nhat Hanh, Chan Chau Nghiem & Wietske Vriezen
- The Mindful Child: How to Help Your Kid Manage Stress & Become Happier, Kinder, & More Compassionate by Susan Kaiser Greenland
- The Stress Reduction Workbook for Teens by Gina Biegel
Other great books
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
Dr. Dweck is a researcher at Stanford University and shows how the way you think about yourself and learning can have a huge impact on your performance.
- Thanks! How Practicing Gratitude Can Make You Happier by Robert Emmons
Dr. Emmons at UC Davis researches gratitude and has found that it can improve your everyday mood and well-being.
- How We Choose to be Happy: The Choices of 9 Extremely Happy People, their Secrets, their Stories by Rick Foster and Greg Hicks
course called Sustainable Happiness based on their research.
- Awakening Joy by James Baraz
Baraz is a meditation teacher at Spirit Rock and teaches an excellent online course of the same name.
- There is Nothing Wrong With You by Cheri Huber
Huber is a Zen teacher and has written many many books on using mindfulness to manage emotions.
- Wise Heart by Jack Kornfield
- The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook by Martha Davis, Elizabeth Eshelman, Patrick Fanning, Matthew McKay
- Mind over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think by Dennis Greenberger & Christine Padesky
- Integrative Nutrition by Joshua Rosenthal
Vickie Chang, Ph.D.